How do I redirect (forward) my Atlas email to another account?
VALENCIA EMPLOYEES: PLEASE DO NOT FORWARD COLLEGE E-MAILS TO EXTERNAL ACCOUNTS.
DOING SO HAS THE POTENTIAL TO VIOLATE F.E.R.P.A. LAWS
"The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education."
- Login to Atlas
- Click on the 'Email' button (toward the upper right)
- Click Options (top-right), then See All Options
- Click Organize E-Mail (Please click here if 'Organize E-Mail' is not an option.)
On the Inbox Rules tab, click New.
- Under When the message arrives, select Apply to all messages.
- Under Do the following, select Redirect the message to.
- At the bottom of the Address Book window, enter the e-mail address (do not enter your Atlas e-mail address or choose it from the address book - type in the full e-mail address you are redirecting to) in the To: field that you would like to redirect to. example: email@example.com
- Click OK to save your selections and return to the new rule window.
- Click Save to save your rule, then click Yes.
Please note: Redirecting and Forwarding are not the same.
- Messages that are redirected will appear to come from the original sender. When you reply to a message that has been redirected, the reply will be sent to the original sender.
- Messages that are forwarded will appear to be forwarded from you. When you reply to a message that has been forwarded, the reply will be sent to the address the message was forwarded from, not to the original sender.
- A copy of messages that you redirect or forward will remain in your Inbox.
If you are a visual learner This video from Microsoft will show you how to create a rule to automatically redirect your messages.